Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Welcoming Note - General Info and Answers to Questions

Hi to all and thanks for your emails, thoughts and questions!

During the last couple of weeks I've gotten an unprecendented amount of emails from many of you as well as visitors to the blog. Some of you I know as clients, workshop and seminar attendees or professional colleagues. Some of you are people I'm hearing from for the first time who've found me and the blog through a friend, article, the internet or just luck! So I just want to take a moment to say "hi" and tell you about Kick Start Self Coaching (http://kickstartselfcoaching.blogspot.com)

The blog originally started as a way for me to communicate with my clients. To answer questions that I've gotten from clients, workshop and seminar participants and others regarding issues that have come up, articles that I read that I think would be interesting and/or helpful. Some clients like to have contact between sessions and this was a way for them to "check in" and see what's going on besides their personal contact.

To the people who haven't yet met me it sounds like I can't possibly do all of these things but those who know me know that as annoying as that may make me sometimes(to some), I do. Simply, since I am interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary by training and experience (and temperament)in Education, Guidance and Counseling, Education and Government Program Development and Training, Mental Health, Writing, Drama, Creativity and Community Building and Organizing in Youth Development and Integration (a short bio is at http://www.dailylifeconsulting.com/kiki1.html) coaching areas include -
Transitions
Careers
Education
Work/Life Balance
Time Management/Stress Management
Burnout


On the Creativity front they include -
Writing
Writing Blocks
Unlocking Creative Blocks
Creativity Coaching
and Storytelling (character analysis, story analysis, script and story coaching and doctoring).


On the program front they include -
Finding Focus
Finding Focus/Career
Finding Focus/Career Transitions.
Finding Focus/Writing
Finding Focus/Creativity
Work/Life Symmetry
TIERS(c)Coaching (Temperament, Intellect, Expectations, Reality, Satisfaction
Work/Life Symmetry


The Daily Life Coaching 4 Kids http://dailylifecoaching4kids.blogspot.com and Running Snail Educational Consulting and Edutainment are pretty much what they sound like based on my education, training and experience in teaching,developing, creating and implementing programs and entertainment/edutainment for children.

Having said that, this week I got a lot of responses to the posts about the Falling Down Professions article in the NY Times and it's been great hearing from all of you. I have been thinking through program ideas directed specifically to these two professions - doctors and lawyers - and will keep you posted but in the meantime Transition Coaching or Burnout Coaching are two great options for you.

Meanwhile, keep your email questions and comments coming - I'm always happy and interested to hear from you. I'll answer them in as timely a manner as possible. During the week you can expect a 1-2 day response time, over the weekend it would be a longer response time - but I will answer.

Having said all that
No, I don't do it all at once.
No it didn't happen in an instant.
Yes. I love it. All the topics at different times.
Yes. It takes planning and training and being able to integrate and separate different areas.
Yes. I love hearing from you.
No. My current area of study is actually in a different, although related field.
Yes. I intend to keep on keepin' on.
And like I always tell people - so much of what I needed to know about coaching I learned by teaching first grade (not to mention non-english speaking immigrant first-graders). You take it one step at a time. You keep on trying until you get it right. You build from one experience to another and add to your knowledge bank. You ask lots of questions. You try new things. You fail. You try again. Then you start again with something else. You grow and you learn. You learn as you grow and you grow as you learn.

Have a great day,
Rebecca Kiki