Monday, January 14, 2008

Barnes and Noble Finding Focus/Writing Workshop

The Barnes and Noble Finding Focus/Writing Workshop is tonight at 7:00pm (Brooklyn Heights Barnes and Noble).

Some questions that I've gotten that I'll be addressing this evening include -
* What if you want to write something but when you sit down to write you end up writing this other thing?
* Could you talk more about 'wanting to write the best thing you can, and wanting to get the story out?'
* Some techniques for automatic writing?
* Identifying - and dumping - your inner critic/s (especially during a first draft).
* Creating compelling characters.
* "Why do I sometimes find myself hating my characters?" and
* What to do when you start hating the characters you've created.


It should be terrific - see you then!
RK