Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day - Giving Thanks

It's fitting that Veteran's Day is in the same month as Thanksgiving since giving thanks to veterans should be high on our lists of things/people to be thankful for.

We wouldn't be here living in our free and democratic nation without them. I certainly wouldn't. Without going too much into personal details I will say that without our veterans I wouldn't be here today. My parents and (more of) my extended family members would have been exterminated and I wouldn't have the opportunity to live the free life that I do. I am grateful and humbled by their sacrifices.

I also want to acknowledge the men and women who are fighting for us as we speak and those veterans of this war who have given the ultimate sacrifice or have come back wounded. I am thankful to every single one of you. I have friends who have suffered terrible injuries bothy physically and emotionally and one physician friend who has done more than one tour and who I haven't heard from in a while....I hope he's ok.

So, let's take a moment to be thankful for our veterans and the life they enable us to live.